Built Together Book
Join Mina as she brings her signature humor and heart to this warm and welcoming story about families of all shapes and sizes. Gather around for this celebration of diversity and acceptance as you are reminded just how wonderful it is to be part of your own unique family.
Strong families, like strong houses, have sturdy foundations built on trust, love, and a whole lot of TLC. And like houses, no two families look exactly alike. After reading Built Together, children will learn:
- There are countless ways to be a family—including adopted, divorced, single-parent, or blended families
- About diversity and acceptance of not only your own family, but families that look nothing like yours
- Is great for readers ages 4-8
- Features bright, playful illustrations that bring this inspiring story to life
- Is filled with the vibrant community spirit of Good Bones, with instant appeal to long-time fans and new friends alike
- Is a great resource for teachers and parents to help teach children the importance of acceptance and family
Drawing on her own stories of starting Two Chicks and a Hammer with her mom, working with her stepfamily, fostering her niece, adopting her rescue dogs, and playing with her son, Mina invites readers young and old to join her in discovering how we are all stronger together. Because, in the end, families are built as well as made.